Stokes O'Brien

How do I Prove I have an Oral Agreement in California?

Posted in Business and Real Estate Litigation on November 2, 2015

If your contract is not in writing, then you have to use other admissible evidence to show the court an agreement exists.  That could be:

  • Testimony of you and the defendant
  • Witness testimony
  • Parties course of conduct (i.e., what they did after the alleged agreement)
  • Documents, such as emails, letters, and faxes
  • Financial statements
  • Photos and video
  • Websites
  • Phone records
  • Government records

This list is really endless, as long as the court admits the evidence.  For more information about showing you have an oral agreement, email a San Diego contract lawyer on our contact us page.