Can an LLC Member see the LLC’s Records in California?
Yes. LLC members in California have many rights, one of which is to request, at the company’s expense, the following records:
- List of the names and addresses of each member, together with their contribution and the share in profits and losses;
- List of the name and addresses of each manager;
- LLC’s federal, state, and local income tax information for last 6 years;
- Articles of organization and all amendments;
- Operating agreement and all amendments;
- Financial statements; and
- Books and records that relate to the internal affairs of the company.
Fortunately for members seeking information, the law permits the recovery of costs and attorney fees if a lawsuit becomes necessary.